Florida Driver’s License Road Test Service
Cantor’s Driving School is authorized by the State of Florida to give the driver’s license road test as a third party tester. Examiners from Cantor’s Driving School are authorized by the State of Florida to administer the road test at their 3 locations:
- Atlantis, FL (Palm Beach County)
- Jupiter, FL (in northern Palm Beach County, serving Martin County, St. Lucie County, and as far north as Vero Beach in Indian River County)
- Deerfield Beach, FL (Broward County)
The road test service is available as part of a package of driving lessons, or qualified student drivers can just take the road test at Cantor’s Driving School. Road test results are uploaded immediately to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV).
Important Notice from Florida DHSMV about Random Re-Test Process
Students that pass the road test at any authorized third party road test service (like Cantor’s Driving School) may be randomly selected for a re-test at the Florida DHSMV when they go there to pick up their driver’s license. This is dictated by Florida Statute 322.56(3)(b) and (e). Cantor’s Driving School has no control over this random re-test process.
Just Want to Take the Driver’s Road Test at Cantor’s Driving School? Or Want a Single Driving Lesson Before the Road Test?
Cantor’s Driving School is happy to administer the road test at any of their 3 locations in Atlantis, FL (Palm Beach County), Jupiter, FL (northern Palm Beach County, also serving Martin County, St. Lucie County, and Vero Beach), or Deerfield Beach, FL (Broward County).
The cost of the road test is $75.
Road tests in Atlantis are given 7 days a week during these hours:
- Monday – Friday: 12 PM – 5 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 AM – 3 PM
Road tests in Jupiter are given 4 days a week during these hours:
- Wednesday – Friday: 12 PM – 5 PM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM – 12 PM
Road tests in Deerfield Beach are given 5 days a week during these hours:
- Wednesday-Thursday: 7 AM – 12 PM
- Friday: 7 AM – 5 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 AM – 2 PM
Call 954-740-1103 to order and schedule your road test now!
Use Cantor’s Driving School’s Online Scheduling System to buy and self schedule your own road test
You can use our online scheduling system to purchase your road test, then schedule your road test immediately. Payment of $75 can be accepted via credit card, then you can view the current examiners’ schedule and select your time slot for your road test. Notes:
- When you press the Buy and Schedule Now button, you will be asked to create an account.
- After you create an account, you will be asked to select the road test service and pay for your selection with a credit card.
- Each Examiner on the online schedule has a location – Deerfield Beach in Broward County or Atlantis in Palm Beach County. Please select an examiner at the location where you want to take the road test, along with the date and time slot.
- Do NOT use this online scheduling system to try to schedule a retest! The retest fee is $50 (not the original $75) and you will need to call our office (954-740-1103) to schedule it and make payment.
Login for Returning Students to Access Online Scheduling Portal for Driver’s Road Test
If you have already paid and scheduled your road test, you can login and check the time. If your road test is currently scheduled for more than 24 hours out, you can reschedule it. If it’s within 24 hours from now, you cannot reschedule it.
One Refresher Lesson Plus Road Test at Cantor’s Driving School
Maybe you would like to refresh your driving skills and be well prepared to take the road test. Cantor’s Driving School also offers one driving lesson and the road test. The single lesson is a confidence builder – a test prep lesson to go over what is on the road test. You will learn the maneuvers needed to pass the test. The 2 hour lesson is a pick-up and drop-off service, as all lessons are. Road test are given at the Atlantis, FL location, Deerfield Beach, FL location, or Jupiter, FL location; transportation is not provided for the road test. The lesson and road test cannot be given on the same day.
Cantor’s Driving School recommends this single lesson + road test package for those that have a minimum of 20 hours of driving experience. It is primarily for adult drivers, not teens.
The cost of one driving lesson and the road test is $275.
Call 954-740-1103 to order and schedule the single driving lesson and your road test now!
Driving Lessons Packages that Include the Driver’s Road Test at Cantor’s Driving School
Ready to purchase a package of lessons with the road test included? Just click the red button to view our offerings and place an order for lessons and the road test.
Advantages of Taking Your Driver’s Road Test at Cantor’s Driving School
There are many advantages and benefits to taking your road test at Cantor’s Driving School, including:
- No long wait to schedule a road test at the Florida DHSMV testing center.
- Testing 7 days a week – weekend appointments are available at Cantors Driving School, but not at the DHSMV.
- All road tests are done in a Cantor’s Driving School vehicles.
- Road tests start and end at the Cantor’s Driving School office location. There is no pick-up and drop-off service for road tests.
- Fast and convenient – make your appointment the day before and be in and out within an hour!
- Friendly service with a family-owned driving school.
- Save money by purchasing a package of driving lessons that included the driver’s road test from Cantor’s Driving School.
How Do I Take the Driver’s Road Test at Cantor’s Driving School?
Of course, taking the driver’s exam road test with Cantor’s Driving School has all the same legal and documentation requirements that the Florida DHSMV dictates. These include:
- Only a person with a valid Florida learner’s permit can take the road test.
- If under 18 years of age, make sure one year has passed since the issued date on your learner’s permit. Tests cannot be given unless it has been at least one year since the learner’s permit was issued.
- If under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must accompany the student to the road test.
- There is no waiting period if you are over 18.
To Take the Road Test at Cantor’s Driving School, You Must Do the Following:
- Road tests are by appointment only and the $75 fee must be paid in advance. Please do not simply arrive at Cantor’s Driving School to take the test.
- When you pay for your road test, you will be contacted shortly to schedule the date and time for your road test. The appointment must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of the desired date and time.
- There are no refunds – if you miss the road test, the fee is forfeited.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your road test start time to complete your registration and present your documentation. If you are late you forfeit your appointment and the fee you paid.
- Road tests are ONLY given in a Cantor’s Driving School vehicle, and there is no additional cost for use of our car. No exceptions! This way we don’t need to validate your vehicle’s registration and insurance, do a vehicle inspection, and other annoying details.
- Road tests are given in the rain. If it’s raining you still must show up for the test, or the fee is lost. It rains a lot in Florida – taking a test in the rain should not be a problem for any qualified driver.
Re-Tests – How to Re-Take the Road Test at Cantor’s Driving School
Not everyone passes the driver’s road test on the first try. If you fail the road test given by Cantor’s Driving School or at the Florida DHSMV, you will have to take it again. You must wait at least 24 hours before you can take another road test. If you took your first driver’s road test at Cantor’s Driving School, the fee to re-test at Cantor’s Driving School is $50. If you took your first driver’s test at the Florida DHSMV, the fee to re-test at Cantor’s Driving School will be $95 – the regular $75 fee for Cantor’s Driving School and the $20 state re-test fee. Do NOT use the online road test scheduling system to try to schedule a retest! The retest fee is $50 (not the original $75) and you must call our office (954-740-1103) to schedule it and make payment.